St Albans choir sings In Flanders Fields as Remembrance Day tribute
- Credit: Classical Chorus
‘Lest We Forget’. A St Albans-based choir has paid tribute to the fallen with a special recording for Remembrance Day.
Classical Chorus has recorded the poignant piece In Flanders Fields to raise money for the Poppy Appeal.
The non-auditioned adult community choir had plans this winter to travel to Belgium to sing at the Menin Gate Last Post ceremony.
As these plans were postponed, choir members decided to record their performance instead.
Despite COVID-19, they have continued their love of singing together by rehearsing virtually on Zoom.
You may also want to watch:
Socially distanced and wearing masks, they recorded in small groups to produce the harmonies for this beautiful arrangement by Roger Emerson.
The tracks from each group were then edited to bring all their voices together.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
Singers have also chosen photos of themselves, family members and local places across Hertfordshire by way of tribute to the 2020 virtual field of remembrance.
The choir’s director, Abigail Harris, said: “Classical Chorus look forward to one day reuniting as a whole choir and embarking on their tour.”
You can donate at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/classicalchorus2020
For more on Classical Chorus, visit www.classicalchorus.com