Classic line-ups and legendary artists come to the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Music dominates the forthcoming week at the Alban Arena with two soul acts, a trip down memory lane and a return visit from Dr Hook.
Opening proceedings next Tuesday, November 1, are The Stylistics, the group behind such hits as You Make Me Feel Brand New, Can’t Give You Anything (But My Love), You Are Everything, Betcha By Golly Wow, I’m Stone In Love With You, Let’s Put It All Together and Break Up To Make Up.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets at £26 and £24.50 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 and online.
Original ‘dreamboats’, Marty Wilde, Eden Kane, Mike Berry, and The Wildcats together with special guest Mark Wynter join forces in The Solid Gold Rock n Roll Show at 7.30pm next Thursday, November 3.
Focusing on the late 50s and early 60s when a new pop culture was born, they were all teen idols of their day and will perform such hits as A Teenager In Love, Rubber Ball, Donna, I Don’t Know Why, The Sunshine of Your Smile and Venus In Blue Jeans.
Tickets are £28.50 and £26.50.
Soul II Soul return to the Arena to perform a full live band show with Jazzie B and Caron Wheeler at 8pm next Friday, November 4.
The British musical group are an innovative outfit, creating a R&B sound that borrows from Philly soul, disco, reggae, and 80s hip-hop.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 6 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 New tennis and netball courts approved for St Albans park
- 9 Sex pervert jailed for six and a half years
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
Originally featuring Jazzie B., producer arranger Nellee Hooper, and instrumentalist Philip “Daddae” Harvey, the musical collective came together in the late 80s and has since had top ten hits with both singles and their debut album.
Tickets are £31.50.
Dr Hook, back with Dennis Locorriere for the first time in 30 years, are at the Arena from 7.30pm next Saturday, November 5.
From the very beginning Dennis was the unmistakable voice of the band’s biggest hits and best loved songs. Now on tour with the band, they will be performing such classics as Sylvia’s Mother, A Little Bit More, Sexy Eyes, and When You’re In Love With A Beautiful Woman.
Tickets are £32.50, £29.50 and £25.