Christmas cracker for Radlett Choral Society
AN evening of Christmas music is being held next Saturday, December 12, at Christ Church in Watling Street, Radlett. Radlett Choral Society, conducted by Clive Fairbairn, is putting on a concert including This is the Record of John by Orlando Gibbons, Bea
AN evening of Christmas music is being held next Saturday, December 12, at Christ Church in Watling Street, Radlett.
Radlett Choral Society, conducted by Clive Fairbairn, is putting on a concert including This is the Record of John by Orlando Gibbons, Beatus Vir by Monteverdi and Telemann's Christmas Cantata as well as carols for choir and audience.
Soloists will be bass Christopher Barrett, trumpeter Kitt Garner and organist Nicholas Robinson with the Radlett Ensemble.
The choir is participating in the BBC Radio 3 and English National Opera Sing Hallelujah project where members of the audience are encouraged to join in with Handel's Hallelujah. Anyone interested in singing should come along at 7pm for a run through at which music will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.15pm with mulled wine and mince pies before the concert gets underway at 8pm. Tickets are �10 with accompanied children free, available from the box office on 01923 226836/243545, firstname.lastname@example.org or on the door.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant