Christine Tobin at Herts Jazz Club
THE Christine Tobin Quartet, fronted by one of the most idiosyncratic vocalists on the scene, play Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, December 9.
Originally from Dublin, Christine has performed alongside such greats as Kenny Wheeler, Billy Childs, Billy Hart, Mike Gibbs and Django Bates since arriving in London. With seven CDs under her own name, she has travelled globally.
Her style, although rooted in jazz, is steeped in the singer-songwriter tradition and draws on a broad range of influences from West Africa to Brazil.
Much of her repertoire is self-penned and she has received many accolades for her skills as a writer and arranger.
Christine will be joined by Phil Robson (guitar), Dave Whitford (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums) for her appearance at the club which meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book