Christine Tobin at Herts Jazz Club
THE Christine Tobin Quartet, fronted by one of the most idiosyncratic vocalists on the scene, play Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, December 9.
Originally from Dublin, Christine has performed alongside such greats as Kenny Wheeler, Billy Childs, Billy Hart, Mike Gibbs and Django Bates since arriving in London. With seven CDs under her own name, she has travelled globally.
Her style, although rooted in jazz, is steeped in the singer-songwriter tradition and draws on a broad range of influences from West Africa to Brazil.
Much of her repertoire is self-penned and she has received many accolades for her skills as a writer and arranger.
Christine will be joined by Phil Robson (guitar), Dave Whitford (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums) for her appearance at the club which meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space