Christine McIlroy returns with St Albans Abbey Refectory exhibition
ARTIST Christine McIlroy is returning to St Albans for her second exhibition of paintings and ink drawings at the Abbey Refectory.
Christine, who lives in North London, is exhibiting from tomorrow until August 26 at the refectory in the Chapter House.
She has exhibited her paintings at many locations in London including the British Museum and her interest in landscape has been fuelled by her time spent living in France and Holland and her travels in Italy.
She lives dangerously with her original ink drawing because she does no preliminary sketching in pencil, preferring the spontaneity of the pen moving over paper.
She has gone on to capture the big skies and rugged mountains of Cornwall and Scotland in oils and acrylics.
You may also want to watch:
Her still-life paintings demonstrate her fascination with the interplay of light, colour and texture using inks and watercolour.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant