Chris Laurence at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Master bassist Chris Laurence brings his Quartet to Herts Jazz Club on Sundaym October 19.
Chris has succeeded in making the crossover between jazz and classical throughout his career, enabling him to perform with such diverse artists as John Taylor, Kenny Wheeler, John Surman and JJ Johnson as well as being principal bass with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields until 1995.
Chris has recorded pop sessions with the likes of Elvis Costello, Sting and David Gilmour, and remains active in the classical community, playing on orchestral film soundtracks including The Constant Gardener and The Man in the Iron Mask.
This is a band of exceptional musicians and a real treat to witness, and also features Frank Ricotti on vibes, John Paricelli on guitar and Martin France on drums.
The show is from 7.30-10pm at Screen2, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden city, and tickets are available in advance for £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full, or on the door for £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
Book online at www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival