Chris Laurence at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Master bassist Chris Laurence brings his Quartet to Herts Jazz Club on Sundaym October 19.
Chris has succeeded in making the crossover between jazz and classical throughout his career, enabling him to perform with such diverse artists as John Taylor, Kenny Wheeler, John Surman and JJ Johnson as well as being principal bass with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields until 1995.
Chris has recorded pop sessions with the likes of Elvis Costello, Sting and David Gilmour, and remains active in the classical community, playing on orchestral film soundtracks including The Constant Gardener and The Man in the Iron Mask.
This is a band of exceptional musicians and a real treat to witness, and also features Frank Ricotti on vibes, John Paricelli on guitar and Martin France on drums.
The show is from 7.30-10pm at Screen2, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden city, and tickets are available in advance for £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full, or on the door for £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
You may also want to watch:
Book online at www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans