Chris Laurence at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Master bassist Chris Laurence brings his Quartet to Herts Jazz Club on Sundaym October 19.
Chris has succeeded in making the crossover between jazz and classical throughout his career, enabling him to perform with such diverse artists as John Taylor, Kenny Wheeler, John Surman and JJ Johnson as well as being principal bass with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields until 1995.
Chris has recorded pop sessions with the likes of Elvis Costello, Sting and David Gilmour, and remains active in the classical community, playing on orchestral film soundtracks including The Constant Gardener and The Man in the Iron Mask.
This is a band of exceptional musicians and a real treat to witness, and also features Frank Ricotti on vibes, John Paricelli on guitar and Martin France on drums.
The show is from 7.30-10pm at Screen2, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden city, and tickets are available in advance for £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full, or on the door for £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
You may also want to watch:
Book online at www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book