Chopin’s music burning bright
A CANDLELIT evening of words and music celebrating Chopin s 1848 visit to England and Scotland will be given by Robin and Kim Colvill at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans on Saturday week, January 12. Pianist Robin and narrator Kim will bring the com
A CANDLELIT evening of words and music celebrating Chopin's 1848 visit to England and Scotland will be given by Robin and Kim Colvill at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans on Saturday week, January 12.
Pianist Robin and narrator Kim will bring the composer's visit to life in Chopin's Last Tour.
Eleven months before his death at the age of 39, Chopin arrived on British shores. Despite his ill health he wrote with great humour about the hurly burly of London, Glasgow and Edinburgh, of performing for Queen Victoria, meeting famous characters and enjoying the lavish hospitality of the aristocracy.
Among its many musical pieces the show will feature Chopin's Preludes, Nocturnes, Fantasy Impromptu and Scherzo No.2.
You may also want to watch:
The narration will include extracts from Chopin's letters together with contemporary newspaper reviews.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01727 844222 and cost £12 each or £10 for concessions.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans