Chopin’s music burning bright
A CANDLELIT evening of words and music celebrating Chopin s 1848 visit to England and Scotland will be given by Robin and Kim Colvill at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans on Saturday week, January 12. Pianist Robin and narrator Kim will bring the com
A CANDLELIT evening of words and music celebrating Chopin's 1848 visit to England and Scotland will be given by Robin and Kim Colvill at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans on Saturday week, January 12.
Pianist Robin and narrator Kim will bring the composer's visit to life in Chopin's Last Tour.
Eleven months before his death at the age of 39, Chopin arrived on British shores. Despite his ill health he wrote with great humour about the hurly burly of London, Glasgow and Edinburgh, of performing for Queen Victoria, meeting famous characters and enjoying the lavish hospitality of the aristocracy.
Among its many musical pieces the show will feature Chopin's Preludes, Nocturnes, Fantasy Impromptu and Scherzo No.2.
You may also want to watch:
The narration will include extracts from Chopin's letters together with contemporary newspaper reviews.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01727 844222 and cost £12 each or £10 for concessions.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space