Choirs to join forces at St Albans Abbey
TWO choirs are joining forces next Saturday, February 12, to put on a concert at St Albans Abbey.
The Aeolian Singers and The Hardynge Choir will be joined by St Albans violinist Ellie Fagg to perform the Mozart Violin Concerto in A Major at the concert which starts at 7.30pm.
It is the first time the two choirs have combined to put on a major concert at the Abbey and they will be singing under the musical directorship of Stephen Jones from the Aeolian Singers.
The concert will open with the Haydn Te Deum followed by the Violin Concerto which has often been called an opera in concerto guise. The programme will finish with the Mozart Mass in C Minor, a religious musical work for chorus and orchestra.
The choirs will be joined by the Herts Classical Orchestra and the soloists will be Elizabeth Cragg, soprano, Frances Bourne, soprano, Anthony Gregory, tenor, and Edward Grint, bass.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �25, �20 and �15 reserved and �5 unreserved. Accompanied under 16s are �3 and tickets can be obtained from either 01442 871598 or 01582 763113.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district