Chines State Circus comes to Harpenden
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week. Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week.
Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists.
Performers from China's national opera, the Peking Opera, will host the show and it will be narrated by the Monkey King, one of the most famous characters in Chinese folklore. Further spice has been promised from swinging Chinese pole balancing and Beijing bicycle balancers.
The Chinese State Circus, which is currently on a European tour direct from China, will be at Harpenden Common until Sunday, with performances at 5pm and 7.45pm today and tomorrow, 3pm and 7.45pm on Saturday and 2pm and 5pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Ticketmaster on 0844 576 5506 and for more information visit www.chinesestatecircus.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team