Chines State Circus comes to Harpenden
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week. Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week.
Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists.
Performers from China's national opera, the Peking Opera, will host the show and it will be narrated by the Monkey King, one of the most famous characters in Chinese folklore. Further spice has been promised from swinging Chinese pole balancing and Beijing bicycle balancers.
The Chinese State Circus, which is currently on a European tour direct from China, will be at Harpenden Common until Sunday, with performances at 5pm and 7.45pm today and tomorrow, 3pm and 7.45pm on Saturday and 2pm and 5pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Ticketmaster on 0844 576 5506 and for more information visit www.chinesestatecircus.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style