Chines State Circus comes to Harpenden
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week. Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists
WORLD-CLASS acrobats and the rest of the Chinese State Circus set up camp in Harpenden this week.
Showcasing distinctively Chinese performance arts, the circus features entertainment from Shaolin martial art warriors, acrobats, gymnasts and contortionists.
Performers from China's national opera, the Peking Opera, will host the show and it will be narrated by the Monkey King, one of the most famous characters in Chinese folklore. Further spice has been promised from swinging Chinese pole balancing and Beijing bicycle balancers.
The Chinese State Circus, which is currently on a European tour direct from China, will be at Harpenden Common until Sunday, with performances at 5pm and 7.45pm today and tomorrow, 3pm and 7.45pm on Saturday and 2pm and 5pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Ticketmaster on 0844 576 5506 and for more information visit www.chinesestatecircus.com
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre