Childwickbury Arts Fair 2014
- Credit: photo supplied
Art, music, food and fun is promised when Childwickbury Arts Fair opens for the 11th year next weekend.
The Childwickbury Estate, once home to film director Stanley Kubrick, will be open from next Friday, July 4, to Sunday, July 6, for the annual event.
Among the attractions will be over 60 artists from all over the UK demonstrating their skills, meeting people and selling their work.
There will be a wide selection of styles and disciplines ranging from painting, sculpture and pottery to jewellery, textiles, wood and glass.
Live music will be performed all day Saturday and Sunday with the headline act OOMPHF, a funk-pop band from Brighton, appearing on Saturday July 5.
You may also want to watch:
Christiane Kubrick, professional artist and creator of the Childwickbury Arts Fair, commented: “We are serious about art and the fact we’ve been building on the success of previous fairs for 11 years indicates that an event like ours is well received and respected in Hertfordshire.
“By presenting art in such a relaxed and pleasurable environment we abandon the stigmas of expensive art galleries and turn original art into something that is truly for everyone. I’m sure that is what people feel when they visit the fair and is why they keep coming back.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Childwickbury boasts beautiful Victorian brick and flint stables and the intriguingly named “cow yard” where artists demonstrate and sell their work.
Children are well catered for all weekend, with plenty of hands-on activities and entertainment. There will also be fresh food stalls and a licensed bar.
Tickets will be available on the respective day and further details can be found at www.childwickburyarts.com, www.facebook.comchildwickburyartsfair, email email@example.com or telephone 01727 859495.