Childwickbury Arts Fair 2015 starts in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of artists will be exhibiting their work at the annual three-day Childwickbury Arts Fair which runs from tomorrow (Friday) until Sunday.
They range from potters and painters to illustrators, glass workers and textile artists who exhibit their work in marquees at Childwickbury which is between St Albans and Harpenden.
Over 60 artists are expected to take part at Childwickbury, the home of Christiane Kubrick who will have her work and that of her daughter Katharina on display.
The arts fair started in 2003 and has grown into a popular event which now includes live music, fresh food, a licensed bar and activities for all.
The artists and craftspeople demonstrate their skills on site so visitors can ask them questions about how they work as well as buy their art.
Live music is provided all day Saturday and Sunday with local band Co-Jones headlining at 8pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The arts fair runs from 10am to 6pm tomorrow and Sunday and from 10am until 10pm on Saturday. Admission charges apply but under twos go free.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital