Chico time for Elvis in Battersea Park
WHEN Elvis met Chico on stage at a charity children’s party, the audience was amazed and delighted.
Elvis Shmelvis, aka Martyn Dias, of Chiswell Green, joined forces with Herts-based singer Chico at The Amazing Great Children’s Party in Battersea Park on Tuesday night and the two performed a duet in support of children with leukaemia.
Chico, who topped the charts in 2006 with It’s Chico Time, said: “It’s been my lifelong dream to to sing on stage with Elvis. He was my first inspiration and I’m absolutely thrilled. I think the audience loved it too.”
The duo sang Suspicious Minds and Can’t Help Falling in Love in front of an audience of 10,000. Elvis Shmelvis said: “I’ve sung this song thousands of times but it gave me a real buzz to perform it with my friend Chico. It was great seeing the children having such a good time.”
The event, at which Elvis Shmelvis sings every year, featured sets from other artists including The Cheeky Girls. Among the celebrities meeting and greeting partygoers were Bill Oddie, Philip Madoc, Gary Wilmot, Su Pollard and Dave Lee Travis.
You may also want to watch:
A video of Chico and Elvis’ duet can be found on Youtube.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall