Chico time for Elvis in Battersea Park
WHEN Elvis met Chico on stage at a charity children’s party, the audience was amazed and delighted.
Elvis Shmelvis, aka Martyn Dias, of Chiswell Green, joined forces with Herts-based singer Chico at The Amazing Great Children’s Party in Battersea Park on Tuesday night and the two performed a duet in support of children with leukaemia.
Chico, who topped the charts in 2006 with It’s Chico Time, said: “It’s been my lifelong dream to to sing on stage with Elvis. He was my first inspiration and I’m absolutely thrilled. I think the audience loved it too.”
The duo sang Suspicious Minds and Can’t Help Falling in Love in front of an audience of 10,000. Elvis Shmelvis said: “I’ve sung this song thousands of times but it gave me a real buzz to perform it with my friend Chico. It was great seeing the children having such a good time.”
The event, at which Elvis Shmelvis sings every year, featured sets from other artists including The Cheeky Girls. Among the celebrities meeting and greeting partygoers were Bill Oddie, Philip Madoc, Gary Wilmot, Su Pollard and Dave Lee Travis.
You may also want to watch:
A video of Chico and Elvis’ duet can be found on Youtube.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25