Chas but not Dave at the Horn, St Albans
CHAS and Dave have performed their final tour but that is not the end of the duo behind such great hits as Rabbit, Gertcha and Ain’t No Pleasing You.
Chas Hodges is touring with his band and is appearing at The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, next Thursday, October 13.
He will be playing all the Chas & Dave hits as well as giving over the first part of the evening to a tribute to Jerry Lee Lewis as well as songs and stories from the days when he both toured and recorded with the rock’n’roll legend.
Chas includes in story and song his life experiences in the studio and on the road before he teamed up with Dave. At 17 he played guitar on John Leyton’s Johnny Remember Me and toured Britain and Germany with The Outlaws as Jerry Lee Lewis’s bass player in 1963.
He also spent a good part of the year on the road with another of his rock heroes Gene Vincent and supported the Beatles on their last European tour with Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig are �10 in advance and �12 on the door.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses