Chance to join gospel choir in Harpenden
ANYONE who has ever wanted to sing in a Gospel Choir is being given the opportunity in Harpenden next month.
The Harpenden Gospel Community Choir will meet at St Nicholas Church Hall in Church Green for a week of singing before a spectacular concert on the final day.
Harpenden Sings Gospel as it is called kicks off with a free taster session on Friday, August 13, and ends with the grand finale concert on Friday, August 20.
Working with members of the Luton Gospel Community Choir, participants will learn how to sing gospel style including “powering up” their voice, harmonies and much more.
The finale concert will be a chance to show off vocal skills to family, friends and the wider Harpenden community.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Eyre, music director of St Nicholas Church, said: “This is a great opportunity for outreach and strengthening links between St Nicholas Church and the local community. We are very pleased to be working in partnership with the Luton Gospel Community Choir.”
Anyone over 16 can join the choir and no auditions or previous singing experience is needed. For more information contact 01582 513359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Tickets for the finale concert are �8 on the door or can be reserved in advance from the number above.