Chance to catch Jools Holland at Alban Arena
A NUMBER of tickets have now been released to see Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra at the Alban Arena next Thursday, May 10.
The iconic musician is a frequent visitor to the Arena and comes on stage at 7.30pm, Joining Jools this year will be American Grammy nominee, Gregory Porter, alongside Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner and Louise Marshall.
Adventure drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is being screened at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8 and 9.
Starring Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks and Thomas Horn, it is set in New York City and follows Oskar, a nine-year-old amateur inventor, Francophile, and pacifist, in his search for the lock that matches a mysterious key left behind by his father, who died in the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001.
Performances are at 1.30pm and 7.30pm each day.
The Arena has also unveiled its film programme for June with movies ranging from Titanic at the start of the month to How I Spent My Summer Vacation at the end. In between there is a chance to see such films as Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Hunger Games, American Pie Reunion and Albert Nobbs.
For further information contact the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
n Two shows at the Arena this month have sold out – Paul Merton on May 11 and Jimmy Carr on May 12. But Jimmy Carr is making two appearances on a new date, Saturday, August 4.