Chance to catch Jools Holland at Alban Arena
A NUMBER of tickets have now been released to see Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra at the Alban Arena next Thursday, May 10.
The iconic musician is a frequent visitor to the Arena and comes on stage at 7.30pm, Joining Jools this year will be American Grammy nominee, Gregory Porter, alongside Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner and Louise Marshall.
Adventure drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is being screened at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8 and 9.
Starring Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks and Thomas Horn, it is set in New York City and follows Oskar, a nine-year-old amateur inventor, Francophile, and pacifist, in his search for the lock that matches a mysterious key left behind by his father, who died in the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001.
Performances are at 1.30pm and 7.30pm each day.
You may also want to watch:
The Arena has also unveiled its film programme for June with movies ranging from Titanic at the start of the month to How I Spent My Summer Vacation at the end. In between there is a chance to see such films as Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Hunger Games, American Pie Reunion and Albert Nobbs.
For further information contact the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
n Two shows at the Arena this month have sold out – Paul Merton on May 11 and Jimmy Carr on May 12. But Jimmy Carr is making two appearances on a new date, Saturday, August 4.