Chamber Music Festival at Hatfield House
THE first-ever Hatfield House Chamber Music Festival opens next Thursday, September 20, and runs until Sunday, September 23.
It is supported by The Marquess of Salisbury and under the artistic direction of Harpenden cellist Guy Johnston, it will bring together internationally-renowned musicians, performing a varied programme of music.
Guy said: “I have wanted to be involved with a festival in my home county of Hertfordshire for some time and was delighted when the opportunity to be artistic director of this festival presented itself. I have had great fun in planning the programmes and bringing together so many outstanding musicians to such a perfect location.”
Artists appearing include The Sixteen, the Aronowitz Ensemble, Navarra Quartet, former BBC Young Musician of the Year Mark Simpson (clarinet), winner of the Salzburg Mozart Competition Esther Hoppe (violin), Tom Poster and Alastair Beaston (piano), Jack Liebeck (violin), Tim Boulton (viola) and Sophie Daneman (soprano).
The programmes will feature some of the most sublime chamber music ever written, including the Schubert Quintet in C, Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet, Dvorak and Schumann’s Piano Quintets, Beethoven’s Archduke and Schubert’s Lieder.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a special interactive concert for school children led by Dominic Harlan, and a lecture recital for families linking Einstein’s love of the violin with many of the concepts of modern physics.
The concerts will be held in The Old Palace, The Marble Hall and St Etheldreda’s Church in Hatfield.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Tickets for all events are available from Campus West box office on 01707 357117 or via the website www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/hatfieldhousechambermusicfestival.htmlS
Full programme information is available at www.hatfieldhousemusicfestival.org.uk