Chamber Music Festival at Hatfield House
THE first-ever Hatfield House Chamber Music Festival opens next Thursday, September 20, and runs until Sunday, September 23.
It is supported by The Marquess of Salisbury and under the artistic direction of Harpenden cellist Guy Johnston, it will bring together internationally-renowned musicians, performing a varied programme of music.
Guy said: “I have wanted to be involved with a festival in my home county of Hertfordshire for some time and was delighted when the opportunity to be artistic director of this festival presented itself. I have had great fun in planning the programmes and bringing together so many outstanding musicians to such a perfect location.”
Artists appearing include The Sixteen, the Aronowitz Ensemble, Navarra Quartet, former BBC Young Musician of the Year Mark Simpson (clarinet), winner of the Salzburg Mozart Competition Esther Hoppe (violin), Tom Poster and Alastair Beaston (piano), Jack Liebeck (violin), Tim Boulton (viola) and Sophie Daneman (soprano).
The programmes will feature some of the most sublime chamber music ever written, including the Schubert Quintet in C, Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet, Dvorak and Schumann’s Piano Quintets, Beethoven’s Archduke and Schubert’s Lieder.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a special interactive concert for school children led by Dominic Harlan, and a lecture recital for families linking Einstein’s love of the violin with many of the concepts of modern physics.
The concerts will be held in The Old Palace, The Marble Hall and St Etheldreda’s Church in Hatfield.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
Tickets for all events are available from Campus West box office on 01707 357117 or via the website www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/hatfieldhousechambermusicfestival.htmlS
Full programme information is available at www.hatfieldhousemusicfestival.org.uk