Cerys Matthews, Hayley Westenra and Joe Brown at Albans Arena
THREE chart-topping artists are due to grace the Alban Arena stage next week. Rock & Roll guitarist Joe Brown, who celebrated his 50th year in the music industry last year, will kick the festivities off on Thursday (October 22) with a two-hour show alongs
THREE chart-topping artists are due to grace the Alban Arena stage next week.
Rock & Roll guitarist Joe Brown, who celebrated his 50th year in the music industry last year, will kick the festivities off on Thursday (October 22) with a two-hour show alongside his long-serving band.
As well as a plethora of gospel, folk and electric rock hits, Joe will also be playing tracks taken from his most recent album, More Of The Truth, which was released last year.
Former lead-singer of Catatonia Cerys Matthews will take to the stage on Friday (October 23) to showcase her new album, Don't Look Down, which was released earlier this month in both English and Welsh.
You may also want to watch:
Cerys, who has had an equally successful solo career, dueting with Tom Jones, will be playing songs she's collected over the course of her travels and will be backed by two of Nashville's finest young musicians, Kevin Teel and Mason Neely.
New Zealand-born soprano Hayley Westenra will be the final performer on Saturday night (October 24), when she will be singing everything from classical favourites to folk songs and pop.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Voted Classical Performer of the Year at last year's Variety Club Showbiz Awards, Hayley, who has sung with the likes of Andrea Bocelli and Il Divo, is bound to deliver an impressive performance.
Ticket prices range from �20 to �25 and all three shows start at 7.30pm. To find out more and to book your tickets, visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or ring the box office on 01727 844488.
l The Glenn Miller Orchestra show at the Arena this Sunday (October 18) begins at 5pm and not 7.30pm as stated in last week's Herts Advertiser.