Cello and piano duo at Radlett Music Club
CELLIST Natalie Clein and pianist Katya Apekisheva are performing music by Brahms and Bach for Radlett Music Club next Wednesday, November 28.
Natalie is a former Young Musician of the Year competition winner and was also the first British winner of the Eurovision Competition for Young Musicians in Warsaw after starting to play cello at the age of six.
She made her concerto debut at the proms in 1997 and is also a regular chamber performer, working with such musicians as Julius Drake, Kathryn Stott, the Belcea Quartet, Tabacs Quartet and the Nash Ensemble.
Moscow-born Katya also began her music studies at the age of six before continuing at the Rubin Academy of Music in Jerusalem and moving to London to study at the Royal College of Music in 1994.
Two years later she was London Philharmonic/Pioneer Young Soloist of the Year and has played in many different countries with top orchestras worldwide.
You may also want to watch:
The programme will comprise two cello suites by Bach and two by Brahms and the concert at The Radlett Centre starts at 8pm.
Non-member admission is �14 on the door with free admission for young people aged eight to 25.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team