Celebrating the district’s culinary successes with St Albans Food and Drink Festival
TODAY (Thursday) sees the official launch of the St Albans Food and Drink Festival 2010. Local cooks, chefs, producers, restaurant and cafe owners, wine and beer experts and foodies will get this year’s festival under way at the Town Hall tonight.
I am really looking forward to hearing the announcement of who has made the shortlist for the Food and Drink Festival Awards, as I am sure are many of the local businesses who will be there! I have heard that there are some complete newcomers nudging on to the lists, as well as some old St Albans favourites; it could be a very interesting selection.
If you want to find out who has made the shortlist, and vote for your eventual winner, visit www.stalbansfoodanddrink.com for details.
Just to remind you, the awards will go to the Best Local Restaurant, Best Local Cafe, Most Family Friendly, Local Gem, Best Bar and Best Pub. Last year’s winner of Best Local Restaurant, Darcy’s, will be showing guests what they have to beat, as they will be providing the canapes and the knowlegeable team at Cellar Door will be showcasing some of their excellent wine.
Roger Protz will be guest speaker at the Town Hall, and as many of you know, Roger is the editor of the Good Beer Guide, and also lives in St Albans. He has written 20 books about beer and has edited 20 editions of the Good Beer Guide, which thankfully does include a few of our local pubs!
You may also want to watch:
He writes a monthly column for CAMRA’s newspaper What’s Brewing, a weekly column for the Morning Advertiser (for the pub and brewing trade) and also for The Independent newspaper.
In a town famous for its beer festival and fantastic pubs, Roger is the ideal person to launch this year’s St Albans Food and Drink Festival. Look out for him at the Beer and Cider Festival in the Alban Arena (September 29-October 2).
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall