Cate strikes gold as Elizabeth
THE second outing for the saga of Elizabeth I comes to the Alban Arena at the end of the month. Once again featuring Cate Blanchett in her award-winning role as the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth – The Golden Age can be seen at 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 25, and a
THE second outing for the saga of Elizabeth I comes to the Alban Arena at the end of the month.
Once again featuring Cate Blanchett in her award-winning role as the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth - The Golden Age can be seen at 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 25, and at 1.30pm and 7.30pm on Wednesday, March 26.
Elizabeth is finding her throne under threat from those closest to her and faces the treachery of betrayal as she fights for her crown. With the changing political and religious views of the 16th century, her reign is challenged by the Spanish King Philip II.
The film is directed by Shekhar Kapur and is the sequel to the acclaimed Elizabeth.
Tickets are £6 with concessions £2 off for the evening performances and £4 for the midweek matinee, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown