Cate strikes gold as Elizabeth
THE second outing for the saga of Elizabeth I comes to the Alban Arena at the end of the month. Once again featuring Cate Blanchett in her award-winning role as the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth – The Golden Age can be seen at 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 25, and a
THE second outing for the saga of Elizabeth I comes to the Alban Arena at the end of the month.
Once again featuring Cate Blanchett in her award-winning role as the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth - The Golden Age can be seen at 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 25, and at 1.30pm and 7.30pm on Wednesday, March 26.
Elizabeth is finding her throne under threat from those closest to her and faces the treachery of betrayal as she fights for her crown. With the changing political and religious views of the 16th century, her reign is challenged by the Spanish King Philip II.
The film is directed by Shekhar Kapur and is the sequel to the acclaimed Elizabeth.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £6 with concessions £2 off for the evening performances and £4 for the midweek matinee, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?