Carousel for Harpenden Light Operatic Society
WEST End star Lindsey Wise has lent her support to the Harpenden Light Operatic Society (HLOS) production of Carousel which runs from next Monday, March 21, to Saturday, March 26, at the Public Halls.
Lindsey played the dancing role of Louise in the last West End performance of the popular American musical with Lesley Garrett at the Savoy Theatre in 2009.
She recently met with Bianca Baikie who is playing Louise in the HLOS version of the show – the fourth time the company has staged Carousel in its 61-year history.
Lindsey’s credits include Jemima in Cats, Kim in Showboat and Meg in Phantom of the Opera and alongside her performing career, she runs West End workshops for children at Harpenden Public Halls during the school holidays.
In the HLOS production of the musical, Sam Gaines plays the lead role of carousel barker and all round bad egg Billy Bigelow – a far cry from when he first appeared with the society at the age of three as a snow child in the 1986 production.
You may also want to watch:
Now best known for the Liverpool FC anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone, Carousel is the tragic tale of Billy and mill worker Julie Jordan. It follows their fate and that of middle class Enoch and Carrie and their children. Billy spends much of the show as an invisible ghost watching over his daughter as she goes through her painful teenage years.
Sally Davis is returning to HLOS to direct with Beth Thomas making her debut as a musical director for the society. The production has a cast of 40 plus more than 25 children.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Performances are at 7.45pm Monday to Saturday with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Tickets priced �8 to �13 are available from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07817 331150.