Carnaby Street swings into Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
NEW musical Carnaby Street, which swings into the Alban Arena next week, is set against the backdrop of London’s West End in the sixties.
It can be seen at 7.30pm from Monday, June 10, until Saturday, June 15, when there is a 2.30pm matinee as well.
Directed by Bob Tomson (Blood Brothers, Dreamboats and Petticoats) and designed by Matthew Wright (Evita, La Cage aux Folles), Carnaby Street tells the story of Jude, a working class boy from Liverpool, new in town and armed with nothing but his guitar and his dreams of fame and fortune.
The show follows the highs and lows, the passion and heartbreak of his journey in pursuit of stardom.
As a celebration of an era renowned for its famous clubs, trendy fashions and eccentric characters, it features the timeless music of The Beatles, Manfred Mann, The Animals, The Searchers, The Who and other high profile bands
You may also want to watch:
The cast includes Verity Rushworth, of Emmerdale, Hairspray, and The Sound of Music, as Penny Lane, Tricia Adele-Turner, who appeared in Legally Blonde, Blood Brothers and We Will Rock You as Jane and Aaron Sidwell in the role of Jack.
Tickets are £17.50, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844888 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building