Caritas Harmony ladies choir charity concert in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Award-winning ladies choir Caritas Harmony will be combining a love of music with support for good causes when they sing in Harpenden for the first time next Saturday, July 5.
The 40-strong group will be performing a medley of popular songs from musicals like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables as well as popular classical pieces in aid of The Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
And after the success of winning the Luton Choirs Aloud Competition in December, the choir is hoping to fill St Nicholas Church, on Church Green, Harpenden, where the concert kicks off at 7pm.
Caritas chairman Tracey Andrews said: “We’re hoping it’ll be a sell-out. We’ve raised over £130k for our local hospice in Luton over the last 10 years and we have a great affiliation to hospices generally.
“A lot of our members are hugely supportive of the hospice movement. They know someone who has benefitted from hospice care and we’re all conscious of how little Government funding hospices receive.”
You may also want to watch:
Hospice community fundraiser Sarah Ajder added: “I am so pleased that Caritas are helping to raise the profile as well as funds for the Hospice of St Francis in Harpenden, where the hospice sometimes still seems to be a closely guarded secret. This is a great opportunity for the local community to enjoy a varied programme presented by a wonderful choir in a lovely setting.”
Tickets, priced £8, are available from the hospice’s Love to Give shop in Southdown, Harpenden, from Oui Ladies Fashion in Harpenden High Street or from Fay Benning on 01763 853696.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved