Canadian band Metz at The Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Grunge/rock/punk band Metz are playing at The Horn in St Albans next Wednesday, August 13.
The band, from Toronto, are signed to Sub Pop Records who have had grunge bands Nirvana, Soundgarden, Fleet Foxes and The Shins on their books.
Metz are supported by Girl Band and tickets are £10 in advance from www.juiceboxindie.com and £12 on the door.
Unconventional rock band Fearless Vampire Killers perform at The Horn the following night, Thursday, August 14, as a warm-up to the Reading Festival.
The five-piece band was formed in Suffolk in 2008 and live peaks to date have included headlining a stage at Download Festival on only their second appearance, the Kerrang! Tour 2013, and the main-support slot on Aiden frontman Wil Francis’ solo project.
Fearless Vampire Killers are Kier Kemp and Laurence Beveridge (co-vocalists), Cyrus Barrone (guitar), Drew Woolnough (bass) and Luke Illingworth (drums).
Tickets are £8 in advance.
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 6 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers