Butler, Bryant and Bolan at Harpenden Public Halls
- Credit: Archant
A busy few days beckon at Harpenden Public Halls with a visit from a leading blues musician, a highly-rated comedian and a tribute band.
First up at 7.30pm next Thursday, February 25, is Danny Bryant who has been riding high on the European blues scene for over a decade but is still only 35.
He has played over 2,000 club and festival shows and has been dubbed a National Blues Treasure by a magazine.
Supporting Danny is Red Butler, a band making a return trip to Harpenden who have been producing light-hearted and melodic composition culminating in the release of debut album Freedom Bound in summer 2014.
Tickets are £13, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to the website.
New York comic Lewis Schaffer brings his free-wheeling act to the Public Halls at 8pm the following night, Friday, February 26.
You may also want to watch:
He went on an a 48-city tour of the UK after success at the Edinburgh Fringe with his satire, jokes and a plot.
Lewis has been described as combining the comedy genes of Joan Rivers and Jackie Mason with the pathos of Tommy Cooper. He has had PhDs written about him and documentary makers following him around London.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches
The show is 55 minutes long and tickets are £10.
A change of tempo next Saturday, February 27, finds T Rextasy bringing the hits of Marc Bolan and T. Rex to life from 7.30pm.
The tribute band has been performing around the world for over 20 years and has been endorsed by Marc Bolan’s family, estate, original ex-members of T.Rex and Bolan’s catalogue management.
Tickets are £18.