Busy time for St Albans’ OVO group
A BUSY few days are looming at OVO in Pudding Lane, the new St Albans city centre theatre.
On Saturday, there will be An Evening with Marlene featuring songs from classic artists such as Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Frank Sinatra alongside more recent hits from the like of Alison Moyet and Michael Buble.
Marlene Pincott is a regular fixture on the local pub and club circuit and only started singing in 2006 when she visited a pub that was holding a karaoke night and discovered her voice.
Next Thursday, March 31, Pete the Temp will be visiting with his multimedia spoken word stage show in which he will be dismantling the industrial hydrocarbon superstructure with the use of poetry.
Peter (the Temp) versus Climate Change combines high octane slapstick poetry, musical comedy and audience participation from a man who has previous shared a stage with Bill Bailey, Mark Thomas, Stewart Lee, Josie Long, John Hegley, Elvis McGonnagal and Howard Marks.
You may also want to watch:
Both shows will offer a relaxed ambience with drinks and chat and tickets at �7.50 are available from the box office on 07807 521436 or online at www.ovo.uk
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25