Busy time for St Albans’ OVO group
A BUSY few days are looming at OVO in Pudding Lane, the new St Albans city centre theatre.
On Saturday, there will be An Evening with Marlene featuring songs from classic artists such as Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Frank Sinatra alongside more recent hits from the like of Alison Moyet and Michael Buble.
Marlene Pincott is a regular fixture on the local pub and club circuit and only started singing in 2006 when she visited a pub that was holding a karaoke night and discovered her voice.
Next Thursday, March 31, Pete the Temp will be visiting with his multimedia spoken word stage show in which he will be dismantling the industrial hydrocarbon superstructure with the use of poetry.
Peter (the Temp) versus Climate Change combines high octane slapstick poetry, musical comedy and audience participation from a man who has previous shared a stage with Bill Bailey, Mark Thomas, Stewart Lee, Josie Long, John Hegley, Elvis McGonnagal and Howard Marks.
Both shows will offer a relaxed ambience with drinks and chat and tickets at �7.50 are available from the box office on 07807 521436 or online at www.ovo.uk
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins