Busy time for St Albans’ OVO group
A BUSY few days are looming at OVO in Pudding Lane, the new St Albans city centre theatre.
On Saturday, there will be An Evening with Marlene featuring songs from classic artists such as Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Frank Sinatra alongside more recent hits from the like of Alison Moyet and Michael Buble.
Marlene Pincott is a regular fixture on the local pub and club circuit and only started singing in 2006 when she visited a pub that was holding a karaoke night and discovered her voice.
Next Thursday, March 31, Pete the Temp will be visiting with his multimedia spoken word stage show in which he will be dismantling the industrial hydrocarbon superstructure with the use of poetry.
Peter (the Temp) versus Climate Change combines high octane slapstick poetry, musical comedy and audience participation from a man who has previous shared a stage with Bill Bailey, Mark Thomas, Stewart Lee, Josie Long, John Hegley, Elvis McGonnagal and Howard Marks.
You may also want to watch:
Both shows will offer a relaxed ambience with drinks and chat and tickets at �7.50 are available from the box office on 07807 521436 or online at www.ovo.uk
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser