Burlesque at the Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Flushed with success, Britain’s biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to the Radlett Centre direct from London’s West End and unveiling a fresh cast of burlesque all-stars for 2013.
An Evening of Burlesque’s 100-show, debut production celebrated its finale with a critically-acclaimed European tour.
“For 2013,” says show producer Michael Taylor, “an all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.”
Local theatregoers are invited to enjoy an all-new riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque and cutting-edge variety, promising Royal Academy-trained burlesque bombshells.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
You may also want to watch:
Promising to be “all tease, no sleaze”, An Evening of Burlesque is for over-18s only.
“It’s the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year,” says Michael.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesque-inspired outfits.
“Prepare for the ultimate in glamorous nights out,” says Michael. “On stage, dance, comedy, mischief, music, magic, frivolity and fun collide – so dress up and come to the cabaret.”
An Evening of Burlesque is at the Radlett Centre on October 3 from 8pm. Tickets are £20 from the box office on 01923 859291 or the website at www.radlettcentre.co.uk