Burlesque at the Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Flushed with success, Britain’s biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to the Radlett Centre direct from London’s West End and unveiling a fresh cast of burlesque all-stars for 2013.
An Evening of Burlesque’s 100-show, debut production celebrated its finale with a critically-acclaimed European tour.
“For 2013,” says show producer Michael Taylor, “an all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.”
Local theatregoers are invited to enjoy an all-new riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque and cutting-edge variety, promising Royal Academy-trained burlesque bombshells.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
Promising to be “all tease, no sleaze”, An Evening of Burlesque is for over-18s only.
“It’s the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year,” says Michael.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesque-inspired outfits.
“Prepare for the ultimate in glamorous nights out,” says Michael. “On stage, dance, comedy, mischief, music, magic, frivolity and fun collide – so dress up and come to the cabaret.”
An Evening of Burlesque is at the Radlett Centre on October 3 from 8pm. Tickets are £20 from the box office on 01923 859291 or the website at www.radlettcentre.co.uk