Rave On! Buddy Holly tribute coming to St Albans stage
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
The greatest hits of Buddy Holly will have fans dancing in the aisles at The Alban Arena.
Peggy Sue, Rave On, That’ll Be The Day, Everyday, Hearbeat and Oh, Boy! are just some of the songs recorded by Buddy Holly.
You can expect to hear the greatest hits of the legendary rock ‘n’ roll and rockabilly star in St Albans next week.
Long-running Buddy Holly tribute band Buddy Holly & The Cricketers are performing at The Alban Arena on Wednesday, February 27 at 7.30pm.
On February 3, 1959, rock ‘n’ roll lost its brightest star when the plane carrying Buddy Holly, along with Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper, crashed.
You may also want to watch:
All three died in the tragedy, along with the pilot.
The unparalleled catalogue of music that Buddy Holly left behind has entertained, inspired and moved every subsequent generation to laughter, tears and an irrepressible desire to dance.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
To commemorate Buddy’s anniversary, the country’s first and best loved Buddy Holly act will be entertaining fans in St Albans with authentic arrangements, driving rhythms, energetic performances and wonderful musicianship, all delivered with charm and humour.
Tickets cost £20, and the show starts at 7.30pm.
• Call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk