Broadway Pirates of Penzance at Harpenden Public Halls
PRESENT-day pirates come to the stage of the Public Halls next week in the hands of Harpenden Light Operatic Society (HLOS).
The society has decided to prolong the Jubilee celebrations into October with a modern-day production of the Broadway version of the Gilbert and Sullivan classic, The Pirates of Penzance by Joseph Papp.
The comic operetta features a a band of soft-hearted plundering pirates, a force of well-meaning bungling policemen, a gaggle of husband-hungry daughters and a hopelessly duty-bound hero, all set adrift on the high seas
Renowned for its humorous plot and musical score, it is directed by John Hebden with Graham Thompson as the musical director.
The show runs from next Monday, October 8, until Saturday, October 13, with a 2.30pm matinee on the final day and evening performances starting at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be obtained by calling 07817 331150, email firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.hlos.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets