Broadway Pirates of Penzance at Harpenden Public Halls
PRESENT-day pirates come to the stage of the Public Halls next week in the hands of Harpenden Light Operatic Society (HLOS).
The society has decided to prolong the Jubilee celebrations into October with a modern-day production of the Broadway version of the Gilbert and Sullivan classic, The Pirates of Penzance by Joseph Papp.
The comic operetta features a a band of soft-hearted plundering pirates, a force of well-meaning bungling policemen, a gaggle of husband-hungry daughters and a hopelessly duty-bound hero, all set adrift on the high seas
Renowned for its humorous plot and musical score, it is directed by John Hebden with Graham Thompson as the musical director.
The show runs from next Monday, October 8, until Saturday, October 13, with a 2.30pm matinee on the final day and evening performances starting at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be obtained by calling 07817 331150, email firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.hlos.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden