Bricket Wood singer scoops second place
A TALENTED young singer from Bricket Wood has come second in a band of the year competition in Brighton.
Dannie Aston, 19, who is attending music college in the seaside town, put together a band called Poor Little Pierrette earlier this year and writes all of their lyrics and music.
The band – which is also made up of four men on guitar, drums, bass and keyboard – came second in the Brighton Music Awards out of a total of 70 acts.
It meant they were invited to the award ceremony at the Brighton Centre followed by the aftershow party at the Grand Hotel where they rubbed shoulders with Roger Daltrey from The Who and Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin. The band’s kooky style and indie music have been going down a storm at gigs and they will be coming to the Horn in St Albans on Wednesday, December 28.
Dannie, of Aspen Close, and the band thanked everyone who voted for them and helped to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
All of Poor Little Pierrette’s current lyrics are about boys that have broken Dannie’s heart over the years – including a drummer who was in a chart topping band – and she has already recorded four of them in a studio with a dozen more in the pipeline.
To hear the music visit www.myspace.com/poorlittlepierrette
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans