Bricket Wood Community Choir to make St Albans debut
- Credit: Archant
A COMMUNITY choir which was only formed last September is gearing up for its first concert in St Albans next Sunday, June 16.
Bricket Wood Community Choir was formed by a small group who wanted to get together to sing for fun.
After a little bit of local publicity over last summer, it became evident that there was a lot of interest when over 60 people turned up to the first rehearsal.
Meeting on a weekly basis, the choir has grown steadily since then and now has over 100 regular members.
Many of the members have never sung in a choir before but have thrown themselves into rehearsals and have quickly learned songs in three and four-part harmony.
Feedback has been positive with members clearly enjoying the atmosphere of the rehearsals, the sense of community as well as the challenges involved in learning harmony and singing techniques.
After giving a small informal performance in November, the choir are now preparing for their first full concert at 7.30pm in The Sandpit Theatre, Sandringham School, Marshalswick
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 4 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 Club night revival in St Albans
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 9 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
- 10 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
The programme will include a variety of uplifting songs including pop, gospel and showtunes with the choir accompanied by their band.
Tickets are available from the theatre box office on 01727 370067 or www.sandpittheatre.co.uk .
All profits from the concert will go to Music4Children, a charity which uses music to improve the lives of young people both in London and Nepal.