Breakaway Theatre’s Roberto Zucco at Maltings Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
PSYCHOLOGICAL thriller Roberto Zucco is being performed by St Albans-based theatre group Breakaway Theatre from tonight (Thursday) at the Maltings Arts Theatre.
Performances at the theatre in St Albans take place at 8pm from tonight until Saturday and from next Thursday, June 6, until Saturday, June 8.
Bernard-Marie Koltes’ play is based on a true story and follows the sinister adventure of a serial killer, a lost soul driven to commit terrible crimes without motive.
Koltes’ inspiration for the play came from seeing a wanted poster in the Paris metro in which four completely different pictures of Zucco were shown.
The production takes inspiration from that experience, using two actors to play the lead role, expressing not only Zucco’s skill at disguising himself but also to allow the audience to see both his physical, visceral side as well as his battle with his inner demons.
You may also want to watch:
The production contains strong language and adult themes and is not recommended for children aged under 18.
Tickets at £10 with concessions £8, are available from the box office on 0844 8700 887 or online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre