Brass ensemble show polish
ONYX Brass are returning to Radlett later this month to perform works by a number of leading composers. They have been invited by Radlett Music Club to perform in their third concert of the season at 8.15pm on Tuesday, January 29. Billed as, easily the c
ONYX Brass are returning to Radlett later this month to perform works by a number of leading composers.
They have been invited by Radlett Music Club to perform in their third concert of the season at 8.15pm on Tuesday, January 29.
Billed as, "easily the classiest brass ensemble in Britain" by BBC Magazine, Onyx Brass have dominated the international brass chamber music world since 1993.
They have performed at festivals all over Europe and the USA and regularly on Radios Two and Three.
You may also want to watch:
Active in the field of music education, Onyx Brass conduct workshops in the UK and masterclasses at the Juilliard and in New York and Boston.
The individual members of the group hold permanent principal positions in major orchestras and as Onyx Brass they have recorded world premieres of music by John Tavener, John McCabe and Michael Nyman.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
At the concert at the Radlett Centre they will be playing works by Handel, Bach, Shostakovich, Copeland, Ives and Gershwin.
Tickets are £12 for adults, £10.50 for concessions and free for full-time students aged between eight and 22. They can be obtained from the box office on 01923 859291.