Bob Mills at Havana Club comedy night in St Albans
BOB Mills, the elder statesman of British stand-up comedy, headlines Hav.An.A Laugh in St Albans next Thursday, March 3.
The man who bridged the gap between the first wave of alternative comedy in the mid-eighties and the new laddism of the early nineties is now approaching his silver jubilee as a stand-up comic.
He has appeared as either a host or guest on numerous sports, comedy and current affairs programmes and he has hosted the ITV’s flagship daytime game show Win Lose or Draw and the late night In Bed With Me Dinner.
Bob regularly covers for Danny Baker on radio and is a popular guest on Five Live’s Fighting Talk and Radio Four’s Loose Ends.
Opening the evening at the Havana in Victoria Street is Richard Morton, described as possibly Newcastle’s finest export since brown ale and more consistent than its football team.
The livewire Geordie is a former winner of Time Out Comedian of the Year and he combines musicianship and comedy in one package.
MC Mowten is a skilled storyteller who has been performing comedy since 2005 and recounts fascinating tales from his own life.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
The evening gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk or �12.50 on the door on the night.