Bob Mills at Havana Club comedy night in St Albans
BOB Mills, the elder statesman of British stand-up comedy, headlines Hav.An.A Laugh in St Albans next Thursday, March 3.
The man who bridged the gap between the first wave of alternative comedy in the mid-eighties and the new laddism of the early nineties is now approaching his silver jubilee as a stand-up comic.
He has appeared as either a host or guest on numerous sports, comedy and current affairs programmes and he has hosted the ITV’s flagship daytime game show Win Lose or Draw and the late night In Bed With Me Dinner.
Bob regularly covers for Danny Baker on radio and is a popular guest on Five Live’s Fighting Talk and Radio Four’s Loose Ends.
Opening the evening at the Havana in Victoria Street is Richard Morton, described as possibly Newcastle’s finest export since brown ale and more consistent than its football team.
You may also want to watch:
The livewire Geordie is a former winner of Time Out Comedian of the Year and he combines musicianship and comedy in one package.
MC Mowten is a skilled storyteller who has been performing comedy since 2005 and recounts fascinating tales from his own life.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
The evening gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk or �12.50 on the door on the night.