Bob Mills at Havana Club comedy night in St Albans
BOB Mills, the elder statesman of British stand-up comedy, headlines Hav.An.A Laugh in St Albans next Thursday, March 3.
The man who bridged the gap between the first wave of alternative comedy in the mid-eighties and the new laddism of the early nineties is now approaching his silver jubilee as a stand-up comic.
He has appeared as either a host or guest on numerous sports, comedy and current affairs programmes and he has hosted the ITV’s flagship daytime game show Win Lose or Draw and the late night In Bed With Me Dinner.
Bob regularly covers for Danny Baker on radio and is a popular guest on Five Live’s Fighting Talk and Radio Four’s Loose Ends.
Opening the evening at the Havana in Victoria Street is Richard Morton, described as possibly Newcastle’s finest export since brown ale and more consistent than its football team.
You may also want to watch:
The livewire Geordie is a former winner of Time Out Comedian of the Year and he combines musicianship and comedy in one package.
MC Mowten is a skilled storyteller who has been performing comedy since 2005 and recounts fascinating tales from his own life.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
The evening gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk or �12.50 on the door on the night.