Bob Mills at Havana Club comedy night in St Albans
BOB Mills, the elder statesman of British stand-up comedy, headlines Hav.An.A Laugh in St Albans next Thursday, March 3.
The man who bridged the gap between the first wave of alternative comedy in the mid-eighties and the new laddism of the early nineties is now approaching his silver jubilee as a stand-up comic.
He has appeared as either a host or guest on numerous sports, comedy and current affairs programmes and he has hosted the ITV’s flagship daytime game show Win Lose or Draw and the late night In Bed With Me Dinner.
Bob regularly covers for Danny Baker on radio and is a popular guest on Five Live’s Fighting Talk and Radio Four’s Loose Ends.
Opening the evening at the Havana in Victoria Street is Richard Morton, described as possibly Newcastle’s finest export since brown ale and more consistent than its football team.
You may also want to watch:
The livewire Geordie is a former winner of Time Out Comedian of the Year and he combines musicianship and comedy in one package.
MC Mowten is a skilled storyteller who has been performing comedy since 2005 and recounts fascinating tales from his own life.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
The evening gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk or �12.50 on the door on the night.