Panto star Bob becomes Alban Arena patron
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
A St Albans pantomime legend has been named as the patron of a city centre entertainment venue.
Bob Golding has agreed to become the patron of The Alban Arena.
An Arena spokesperson said: “As the 50th anniversary of The Alban Arena fast approaches there has naturally been a lot of reminiscing over some of the great events that have occurred here over the years.
“The many musicians, comedians, artists and truly great talent that have graced our stage during the last half-century have led to some fantastic and memorable moments, not to mention some ever-lasting friendships; perhaps none so close as our very own local legend, Bob Golding.
“Going forward, we wanted to cement our values as a community-driven entertainment venue and with this in mind, who better to partner with than our much-loved pantomime regular.”
You may also want to watch:
Morecambe star Bob appeared as Widow Twankey in last year’s Alban Arena pantomime Aladdin and will be back on the St Albans stage this Christmas in Cinderella – this time wearing the trousers.
He will also curate and host a special gala celebration at the venue on Sunday, October 7.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 10 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
Speaking about his new honorary title, comedian Bob said: “I’m deeply honoured to have been asked to become patron of The Alban Arena.
“I’ve known there was a family atmosphere from many years of working here, and now I feel like the adopted son. Really chuffed.
“We’re so lucky having a building in St Albans that is full of people who really do care about providing a heart for the arts and general city community.”
• To book tickets for panto Cinderella or the 50 Years of The Alban Arena – A Gala Celebration visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.