Panto star Bob becomes Alban Arena patron
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
A St Albans pantomime legend has been named as the patron of a city centre entertainment venue.
Bob Golding has agreed to become the patron of The Alban Arena.
An Arena spokesperson said: “As the 50th anniversary of The Alban Arena fast approaches there has naturally been a lot of reminiscing over some of the great events that have occurred here over the years.
“The many musicians, comedians, artists and truly great talent that have graced our stage during the last half-century have led to some fantastic and memorable moments, not to mention some ever-lasting friendships; perhaps none so close as our very own local legend, Bob Golding.
“Going forward, we wanted to cement our values as a community-driven entertainment venue and with this in mind, who better to partner with than our much-loved pantomime regular.”
You may also want to watch:
Morecambe star Bob appeared as Widow Twankey in last year’s Alban Arena pantomime Aladdin and will be back on the St Albans stage this Christmas in Cinderella – this time wearing the trousers.
He will also curate and host a special gala celebration at the venue on Sunday, October 7.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
Speaking about his new honorary title, comedian Bob said: “I’m deeply honoured to have been asked to become patron of The Alban Arena.
“I’ve known there was a family atmosphere from many years of working here, and now I feel like the adopted son. Really chuffed.
“We’re so lucky having a building in St Albans that is full of people who really do care about providing a heart for the arts and general city community.”
• To book tickets for panto Cinderella or the 50 Years of The Alban Arena – A Gala Celebration visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.