Bluesman Laurence sees Red at Public Halls concert
- Credit: Archant
Rising star Laurence Jones will be joined by Red Butler for a gig at Harpenden Public Halls next Tuesday, September 15.
Laurence released his debut album Thunder In The Sky in 2012 and was voted Young Artist of the Year in the British Blues Awards of 2014. In the same year he won the final of the first UK European Blues Challenge and this year he will be representing the UK in the same event in Brussels.
Joining him will be new young blues/rock band Red Butler, formed by Alex Butler in April 2012.
The band released its debut album Freedom Bound last summer and it was glowingly reviewed by a number of leading publications in the music business. Shortly afterwards Red Butler won the Best Newcomer award in the Writers’Poll for Blues Matters magazine.
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets at £11 are available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Music continues next Friday, September 18, when the Public Halls hosts The Counterfeit Sixties, a tribute show reliving the sounds of the swinging sixties.
It begins at 7.30pm and encompasses everything from the fashion of the time to flashbacks from television history and original footage from the era.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The show pays tribute to over 25 great bands including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks and The Monkees.
Tickets are £17.50 with concessions £1.50 off and under-14s £8.