Blues star Chantel McGregor returns to Harpenden Public Halls
- Credit: Archant
Rock-blues musician Chantel McGregor is launching the 2017 season at Harpenden Public Halls with a visit next week.
The acclaimed musician is making a return visit to the theatre on Saturday, February 11.
She will be performing tracks from her recently-released album Lose Control and her acclaimed debut album Like No Other from 7.30pm.
Chantel has been described as having the tone of Robin Trower, the inspiration of Hendrix, the influence of Stevie Ray Vaughan, the energy of Bonamassa, the intensity of Walter Trout and the vocal of Stevie Nicks.
Supporting Chantel will be the wonderful Linda Em.
You may also want to watch:
Linda is an Irish singer-songwriter using a lyrical narrative that brings back the early days of Woodstock and The Old Grey Whistle Test.
No surprise when she quotes Joan Baez, Carole King and the husky laments of Melanie Safka as her song writing influences, not to mention Fleetwod Mac.
• Tickets are £15, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience