Blues returns to Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
SHADES of Blues is returning to The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans this autumn
After a three year break, the blues sessions are returning to the 200-seater capacity theatre which has recently revamped its foyer bar area with a US diner theme.
The first gig at Shades of Blue features Big Boy Bloater and the Limits, hailed as a great blues man by Jools Holland, who are appearing from 8.30pm on Saturday, September 15.
Shades of Blues is run on a non-profit basis by local blues fan and drummer, Bob Ayre. He originally ran the club at the Maltings Arts Theatre from 2006 to 2009 featuring music from artists including Nine Below Zero, Ian Siegal, Matt Schofield, and Dana Gillespie.
Further details of the first and forthcoming gigs can be found at the website www.shadesofblues.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �12.50 available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 07807 521436 or in person from St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind