Blues returns to Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
SHADES of Blues is returning to The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans this autumn
After a three year break, the blues sessions are returning to the 200-seater capacity theatre which has recently revamped its foyer bar area with a US diner theme.
The first gig at Shades of Blue features Big Boy Bloater and the Limits, hailed as a great blues man by Jools Holland, who are appearing from 8.30pm on Saturday, September 15.
Shades of Blues is run on a non-profit basis by local blues fan and drummer, Bob Ayre. He originally ran the club at the Maltings Arts Theatre from 2006 to 2009 featuring music from artists including Nine Below Zero, Ian Siegal, Matt Schofield, and Dana Gillespie.
Further details of the first and forthcoming gigs can be found at the website www.shadesofblues.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �12.50 available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 07807 521436 or in person from St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions