Blues club welcomes Matt Schofield to Maltings, St Albans
BRITISH guitarist Matt Schofield, rated among the best in the world, is appearing at Little Walters Blues Club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, November 14. A professional guitarist from the age of 18, he left it relatively late to
BRITISH guitarist Matt Schofield, rated among the best in the world, is appearing at Little Walters Blues Club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, November 14.
A professional guitarist from the age of 18, he left it relatively late to start his own recording career but went on to spend four years with British blues diva and David Bowie prodigy Dana Gillespie.
Seven years into life as a pro he formed his own band and its current incarnation is Schofield, bass player Jeff Walker and drummer Alain Baudry.
The new album released in May, Heads, Tails and Aces, is an entirely song-based album with nine of the 11 tracks written or co-written by Schofield. It spans everything from the Malaco-like soul groove of War We Wage to the back-beat driven Betting Man and the jazz-tinged Nothing Left.
You may also want to watch:
The evening runs from 7.30pm to 11pm and tickets are �12.50, available from the box office on 01727 844222. Further information can be found at www.littlewaltersbluesclub.co.uk
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans