Blues club welcomes Matt Schofield to Maltings, St Albans
BRITISH guitarist Matt Schofield, rated among the best in the world, is appearing at Little Walters Blues Club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, November 14. A professional guitarist from the age of 18, he left it relatively late to
BRITISH guitarist Matt Schofield, rated among the best in the world, is appearing at Little Walters Blues Club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, November 14.
A professional guitarist from the age of 18, he left it relatively late to start his own recording career but went on to spend four years with British blues diva and David Bowie prodigy Dana Gillespie.
Seven years into life as a pro he formed his own band and its current incarnation is Schofield, bass player Jeff Walker and drummer Alain Baudry.
The new album released in May, Heads, Tails and Aces, is an entirely song-based album with nine of the 11 tracks written or co-written by Schofield. It spans everything from the Malaco-like soul groove of War We Wage to the back-beat driven Betting Man and the jazz-tinged Nothing Left.
You may also want to watch:
The evening runs from 7.30pm to 11pm and tickets are �12.50, available from the box office on 01727 844222. Further information can be found at www.littlewaltersbluesclub.co.uk
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25