Bigger laughs for St Albans comedy club
FUNNY First Mondays is looking to be bigger and even better when it moves to a new venue next week.
It is switching from the Waterend Barn to St Albans Town Hall from Monday which will provide more space for growing audiences.
Club host and organiser Mike Manera said: “It’s exciting to be moving somewhere new and the Town Hall could hardly be more central. Our audience numbers keep growing because of the quality of headliners and the great mix of comics, established and new, who really enjoy coming to St Albans now we are firmly on the comedy map.”
He thanked the Waterend Barn for accommodating the club for the last two years and added: “Our regular audience needn’t worry though, Funny First Mondays should just get better and better with the autumn line-up and yes, the Town Hall does have a great bar – so things won’t be changing too much.”
The line-up of comedians at the new location will include Inder Manocha who has performed stand-up all over the world for the last 10 years winning many awards for his cultural observations and engaging stage presence.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill will be Julian Deane, winner of the Laughing Horse New Act of the Year 2010, Dan Wright from BBC’s Big Cook, Little Cook, and Nigel Baines, a graduate of the Funny First Mondays comedy course.
The evening begins at 8pm and tickets are �8, available from We’ve Got Tickets booking line on 07954 835686 or on the door. More information can be obtained at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient