Big Brother coup for St Albans cupcake creator
Heaven is a Cupcake owner “honoured” to supply treats to television show
WHEN fame-hungry housemates on television show Big Brother (BB) next feel peckish, they are in for a heavenly treat thanks to a St Albans baker.
Lucy Clark, owner of Heaven is a Cupcake, is busy baking for the contestants, one of whom, ironically, is named Heaven.
She was recently asked to supply about 40 cupcakes a week to the Channel 5 reality show until it ends in November, and made her first delivery to Elstree Studios, home of the BB house, last Friday.
Lucy, of St Albans, said: “I think they were looking for local businesses to support, saw my website and dropped me an email asking me to supply cupcakes.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the perfect icing on the cake for Lucy, who has Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME), an illness where sufferers battle a range of symptoms, including severe fatigue.
Lucy makes sure she has a rest every day to enable her to cope with a hectic schedule, which includes personally delivering the cupcakes. She hopes to meet Brian Dowling, who fronts Big Brother, on a trip to Elstree.
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 3 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 4 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 8 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 9 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Lucy is baking cupcakes in a range of flavours and decorating them with Big Brother themed icing, including pictures of the iconic eye.
She said: “I’m honoured, it’s great recognition. I’ve only a small business and it’s not every day you get asked to do something like this. I love what I do.”