Big Brother coup for St Albans cupcake creator
Heaven is a Cupcake owner “honoured” to supply treats to television show
WHEN fame-hungry housemates on television show Big Brother (BB) next feel peckish, they are in for a heavenly treat thanks to a St Albans baker.
Lucy Clark, owner of Heaven is a Cupcake, is busy baking for the contestants, one of whom, ironically, is named Heaven.
She was recently asked to supply about 40 cupcakes a week to the Channel 5 reality show until it ends in November, and made her first delivery to Elstree Studios, home of the BB house, last Friday.
Lucy, of St Albans, said: “I think they were looking for local businesses to support, saw my website and dropped me an email asking me to supply cupcakes.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the perfect icing on the cake for Lucy, who has Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME), an illness where sufferers battle a range of symptoms, including severe fatigue.
Lucy makes sure she has a rest every day to enable her to cope with a hectic schedule, which includes personally delivering the cupcakes. She hopes to meet Brian Dowling, who fronts Big Brother, on a trip to Elstree.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Lucy is baking cupcakes in a range of flavours and decorating them with Big Brother themed icing, including pictures of the iconic eye.
She said: “I’m honoured, it’s great recognition. I’ve only a small business and it’s not every day you get asked to do something like this. I love what I do.”