Big Brother coup for St Albans cupcake creator
Heaven is a Cupcake owner “honoured” to supply treats to television show
WHEN fame-hungry housemates on television show Big Brother (BB) next feel peckish, they are in for a heavenly treat thanks to a St Albans baker.
Lucy Clark, owner of Heaven is a Cupcake, is busy baking for the contestants, one of whom, ironically, is named Heaven.
She was recently asked to supply about 40 cupcakes a week to the Channel 5 reality show until it ends in November, and made her first delivery to Elstree Studios, home of the BB house, last Friday.
Lucy, of St Albans, said: “I think they were looking for local businesses to support, saw my website and dropped me an email asking me to supply cupcakes.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the perfect icing on the cake for Lucy, who has Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME), an illness where sufferers battle a range of symptoms, including severe fatigue.
Lucy makes sure she has a rest every day to enable her to cope with a hectic schedule, which includes personally delivering the cupcakes. She hopes to meet Brian Dowling, who fronts Big Brother, on a trip to Elstree.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Lucy is baking cupcakes in a range of flavours and decorating them with Big Brother themed icing, including pictures of the iconic eye.
She said: “I’m honoured, it’s great recognition. I’ve only a small business and it’s not every day you get asked to do something like this. I love what I do.”