Berkeley Ensemble at Radlett Music Club
THE Berkeley Ensemble will be performing at the first meeting of Radlett Music Club in the New Year.
The ensemble takes its name from two British composers of the last 100 years, father and son Sir Lennox and Michael Berkeley, and aims to champion British music and unfairly neglected works alongside the standard chamber music repertory.
It was formed in 2008 by members of the Southbank Sinfonia and now enjoys a busy schedule, performing in the UK and abroad and recently in China.
Projects in 2011 include a debut recording of English chamber music and the premiere of a new work by Michael Berkeley.
The ensemble will be playing works by Francaix, Poulenc and Schubert at The Radlett Centre from 8pm next Tuesday, January 17.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �13, available in advance from The Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291/www.radlettcentre.co.uk or on the door.
Eight to 25 year olds are admitted free.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans