Berkeley Ensemble at Radlett Music Club
THE Berkeley Ensemble will be performing at the first meeting of Radlett Music Club in the New Year.
The ensemble takes its name from two British composers of the last 100 years, father and son Sir Lennox and Michael Berkeley, and aims to champion British music and unfairly neglected works alongside the standard chamber music repertory.
It was formed in 2008 by members of the Southbank Sinfonia and now enjoys a busy schedule, performing in the UK and abroad and recently in China.
Projects in 2011 include a debut recording of English chamber music and the premiere of a new work by Michael Berkeley.
The ensemble will be playing works by Francaix, Poulenc and Schubert at The Radlett Centre from 8pm next Tuesday, January 17.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �13, available in advance from The Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291/www.radlettcentre.co.uk or on the door.
Eight to 25 year olds are admitted free.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind