Ben Norris and Gail Porter at St Albans’ Funny First Mondays
MOCK the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks panellist Ben Norris headlines next week’s Funny First Mondays comedy club at the Waterend Barn in St Albans.
Well-known in the comedy world as a professional warm-up for the likes of Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton and Joan Rivers, he famously stepped into Frankie Boyle’s shoes when his fellow comedian was taken ill minutes before Mock the Week and has never looked back since.
He has been described as one of the comedy circuit’s best improvisers and as having the laid-back charm of a jazz saxophonist.
Joining him will be Gail Porter, famous for having her naked image projected on to the Houses of Parliament and as a TV presenter.
She recently turned to performing stand-up with her friend Russell Kane as her mentor.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill is Mushybees, a poetry-reading transvestite, and schoolboy comic Nick Saunders. MC is Mike Manera.
The show starts at 8pm on Monday and tickets for the gig at �7 can be obtained via the website at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills