Ben Norris and Gail Porter at St Albans’ Funny First Mondays
MOCK the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks panellist Ben Norris headlines next week’s Funny First Mondays comedy club at the Waterend Barn in St Albans.
Well-known in the comedy world as a professional warm-up for the likes of Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton and Joan Rivers, he famously stepped into Frankie Boyle’s shoes when his fellow comedian was taken ill minutes before Mock the Week and has never looked back since.
He has been described as one of the comedy circuit’s best improvisers and as having the laid-back charm of a jazz saxophonist.
Joining him will be Gail Porter, famous for having her naked image projected on to the Houses of Parliament and as a TV presenter.
She recently turned to performing stand-up with her friend Russell Kane as her mentor.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill is Mushybees, a poetry-reading transvestite, and schoolboy comic Nick Saunders. MC is Mike Manera.
The show starts at 8pm on Monday and tickets for the gig at �7 can be obtained via the website at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images