Ben Norris and Gail Porter at St Albans’ Funny First Mondays
MOCK the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks panellist Ben Norris headlines next week’s Funny First Mondays comedy club at the Waterend Barn in St Albans.
Well-known in the comedy world as a professional warm-up for the likes of Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton and Joan Rivers, he famously stepped into Frankie Boyle’s shoes when his fellow comedian was taken ill minutes before Mock the Week and has never looked back since.
He has been described as one of the comedy circuit’s best improvisers and as having the laid-back charm of a jazz saxophonist.
Joining him will be Gail Porter, famous for having her naked image projected on to the Houses of Parliament and as a TV presenter.
She recently turned to performing stand-up with her friend Russell Kane as her mentor.
Also on the bill is Mushybees, a poetry-reading transvestite, and schoolboy comic Nick Saunders. MC is Mike Manera.
The show starts at 8pm on Monday and tickets for the gig at �7 can be obtained via the website at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead