Belleville Rendezvous with live score at Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A one-off screening of an Oscar-nominated French film is to be shown next Friday at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, with the added twist of a live instrumental score.
Belleville Rendezvous Reanimated is a unique cinema experience which features a live magical rescore from DJs Animat that blends sounds from the film with a live soundtrack.
When her grandson is kidnapped by the French mafia during the Tour de France, Madame Souza and her beloved pooch Bruno team up with the Belleville Sisters, an aged song-and-dance team from the days of Fred Astaire, to rescue him.
Soundtracking duo Animat, otherwise known as Mark Daly and Michael Harding, have been working together since 2004.
They have built a national reputation for their innovative sound tracking of cult films and expertly mix the score, with specially written music and tracks from their DJ catalogue.
You may also want to watch:
The screening is suitable for children but anyone under 12 has to be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets for the February 21 showing cost £10 and are available from http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans