Belleville Rendezvous with live score at Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A one-off screening of an Oscar-nominated French film is to be shown next Friday at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, with the added twist of a live instrumental score.
Belleville Rendezvous Reanimated is a unique cinema experience which features a live magical rescore from DJs Animat that blends sounds from the film with a live soundtrack.
When her grandson is kidnapped by the French mafia during the Tour de France, Madame Souza and her beloved pooch Bruno team up with the Belleville Sisters, an aged song-and-dance team from the days of Fred Astaire, to rescue him.
Soundtracking duo Animat, otherwise known as Mark Daly and Michael Harding, have been working together since 2004.
They have built a national reputation for their innovative sound tracking of cult films and expertly mix the score, with specially written music and tracks from their DJ catalogue.
You may also want to watch:
The screening is suitable for children but anyone under 12 has to be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets for the February 21 showing cost £10 and are available from http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind