Before the Fringe at St Albans comedy night
TWO complete one-hour pre-Fringe shows can be seen at the next Funny First Mondays comedy night in St Albans next week. Held at the Waterend Barn on Monday, the evening features Micky Flanagan, who has a reputation as being one of the best headline acts o
TWO complete one-hour pre-Fringe shows can be seen at the next Funny First Mondays comedy night in St Albans next week.
Held at the Waterend Barn on Monday, the evening features Micky Flanagan, who has a reputation as being one of the best headline acts on the comedy circuit, and Kiosk of Champions, the improbably-named pairing of two comics, Richard Standling and Stuart Goldsmith.
Micky was nominated for the prestigious If comedy award and takes a hilarious journey through the ups and downs of life from the mean streets of the East End to the leafy lanes of the middle classes.
In the eighties he worked as a porter in Billingsgate Fish Market but nowadays he is more upset at the cost of a latte. He is tipped as a rising star.
You may also want to watch:
Kiosk of Champions have earned themselves a name as a riotous double act as well as being highly thought-of individual stand-up performers.
Described in Time Out as, "supremely funny oddballs", they even charmed famously acerbic Edinburgh reviewer Kate Copstick.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
Funny First Mondays, which is put on in association with St Albans Arts - STARTS - gets underway from 8pm. Admission is �5 and further details can be obtained at www.starts.org.uk, by ringing 01727 863648 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org