Beckham family rumoured to be interested in Wheathampstead golf course
David Beckham and his wife Victoria are thought to be interested in buying land which was a former golf course in the village.
RUMOURS are circulating that the Beckham family have shown an interest in buying the Lamerwood Golf Course in Wheathampstead.
As reported last week, the celebrity couple were believed to have been looking for properties in and around the St Albans village because they felt their Sawbridgeworth home – dubbed Beckingham Palace – was no longer private enough.
Sources have since been in contact with the Herts Advertiser to reveal that footballing hero David and his former Spice Girl-turned-fashion designer wife have been eyeing up the golf course off Codicote Road in Wheathampstead.
There is a substantial clubhouse on the site and last year the council gave permission for it to be converted into a home and the land turned back into agricultural/green space use. There is speculation that the Beckhams might be interested in building their own dream home on the site.
You may also want to watch:
The celebrity couple, who are expecting a daughter in the summer, are expected to relocate to England when former Manchester United footballer David’s contract with LA Galaxy expires at the end of the year.
It is also believed that David and Victoria have shown an interest in sending their three boys – Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz – to Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys School near Radlett which Matt Lucas, Sacha Baron Cohen and David Baddiel all attended.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall