Beckham family rumoured to be interested in Wheathampstead golf course
David Beckham and his wife Victoria are thought to be interested in buying land which was a former golf course in the village.
RUMOURS are circulating that the Beckham family have shown an interest in buying the Lamerwood Golf Course in Wheathampstead.
As reported last week, the celebrity couple were believed to have been looking for properties in and around the St Albans village because they felt their Sawbridgeworth home – dubbed Beckingham Palace – was no longer private enough.
Sources have since been in contact with the Herts Advertiser to reveal that footballing hero David and his former Spice Girl-turned-fashion designer wife have been eyeing up the golf course off Codicote Road in Wheathampstead.
There is a substantial clubhouse on the site and last year the council gave permission for it to be converted into a home and the land turned back into agricultural/green space use. There is speculation that the Beckhams might be interested in building their own dream home on the site.
You may also want to watch:
The celebrity couple, who are expecting a daughter in the summer, are expected to relocate to England when former Manchester United footballer David’s contract with LA Galaxy expires at the end of the year.
It is also believed that David and Victoria have shown an interest in sending their three boys – Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz – to Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys School near Radlett which Matt Lucas, Sacha Baron Cohen and David Baddiel all attended.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers