Beauty and the Beast Jr for Harpenden Young Hearts Youth Theatre
TAKING time out this Sunday (25) from rehearsing their Christmas show, Beauty and the Beast Jr, will be Harpenden Young Hearts Youth Theatre.
They will be performing as part of the town’s Christmas Carnival prior to the show at Harpenden Public Halls on Tuesday, December 4.
It promises to bring all the colour of the original Disney musical of the same name. Beauty and The Beast centres on a prince who is transformed into a Beast and a young woman named Belle whom he imprisons in his castle. To become a prince again, the Beast must love Belle and win her love in return, or he will remain a Beast forever.
The part of Belle is being played by St George’s School student Eleanor Cripps. She commented: “I’m so happy to be playing this part because I feel that I can empathise with Belle most of the way through; we share the same inability to be beaten! We also have quite a lot in common as I am just as obsessed as she is with books.”
Professional actor John Stenhouse founded Harpenden Young Hearts in 2006 in a bid to bring fun, performance-based classes to children and young adults. The youth theatre is based at the Harpenden Public Halls where it meets every Tuesday and Wednesday during school term-time.
You may also want to watch:
John commented: “Beauty and The Beast is a perfect choice for us as it brings great songs, characters and lots of opportunity for a large cast to get involved. Everyone is excited about the show and appearing at the Christmas Carnival.”
Tickets for Beauty and the Beast, which starts at 7.30pm, are available at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk or 01582 767525.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans