Beauty and the Beast at the Radlett Centre
BEAUTY and the Beast will be taking to the stage of The Radlett Centre next week in the hands of youth musical theatre company RARE Productions.
The London Colney-based company is putting on the stage version of the Disney musical from next Thursday, July 14, to Saturday, July 16, with evening performances starting at 7.30pm and the Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Playing the role of The Beast is Matt Young, who is classically trained and whose baritone voice has featured in many leading roles for RARE over the years including Fagin in Oliver and Sweeney Todd in the show of the same name.
He also sang the voice of Audrey 2 from the orchestra pit in Little Shop of Horrors while playing the bass.
When Matt isn’t performing musical theatre, he is front man and bass player of heavy metal rockers HEKZ who have a loyal and growing fanbase.
You may also want to watch:
RARE Productions is the largest amateur production company in the UK, presenting around 30 shows each year in 13 venues across the south of the country and featuring casts of young people aged between eight and 21.
Tickets for the show are �12 with concessions �10, available from The Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291 or online at www.raddletcentre.co.uk
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report