Beauty and the Beast at the Radlett Centre
BEAUTY and the Beast will be taking to the stage of The Radlett Centre next week in the hands of youth musical theatre company RARE Productions.
The London Colney-based company is putting on the stage version of the Disney musical from next Thursday, July 14, to Saturday, July 16, with evening performances starting at 7.30pm and the Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Playing the role of The Beast is Matt Young, who is classically trained and whose baritone voice has featured in many leading roles for RARE over the years including Fagin in Oliver and Sweeney Todd in the show of the same name.
He also sang the voice of Audrey 2 from the orchestra pit in Little Shop of Horrors while playing the bass.
When Matt isn’t performing musical theatre, he is front man and bass player of heavy metal rockers HEKZ who have a loyal and growing fanbase.
You may also want to watch:
RARE Productions is the largest amateur production company in the UK, presenting around 30 shows each year in 13 venues across the south of the country and featuring casts of young people aged between eight and 21.
Tickets for the show are �12 with concessions �10, available from The Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291 or online at www.raddletcentre.co.uk
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre