Barry Norman visits Flamstead - and why not?
- Credit: Archant
After the success of Flamstead’s first ever book festival in June, author and broadcaster Barry Norman will headline a special evening session next Friday, November 28.
One of the nation’s most popular and enduring broadcasters, Barry Norman is best known for fronting the BBC’s flagship Film programme for more than 25 year.
During that time, he met some of the world’s biggest movie stars and directors from George Clooney to Martin Scorsese.
He will talk about his memoir See You In The Morning, published in paperback earlier this year. Prompted by the death of his wife Diana in 2011 it is a candid and witty account of his life is a heartfelt reflection on love, marriage and loss.
Festival co-organiser Vikki Orvice said: “Barry, who lives in Hertfordshire, was keen to get involved with us when he heard about Books in the Belfry this summer and has kindly agreed to do this one-off evening session.”
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the evening will help support the Friends of St.Leonard’s (FOSL) to raise funds for vital repair work to safeguard the unique medieval wall paintings in the village church.
Tickets at £10 include a glass of wine. For information on how to book tickets, online or in person, go to the festival website at http://www.flamsteadbookfestival.com.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall