Barbershop Chorus holding course in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Learning to sing followed by a mini concert proved to be a good way for the Kings of Herts Barbershop Chorus to recruit new members.
The course was held at the chorus’s new rehearsal venue, Wood End School in Harpenden.
The students from the six-week course joined with existing members to sing the three songs they had learned to friends and relations.
Just over 30 singers in total attended the course at various times, 20 of whom were able to sing at the mini concert and at least 10 of the attendees will be joining the chorus which has been in existence for over 25 years.
Initially, students were divided into the four groups, lead, tenor, base and baritone, as required by the four part harmony style of singing.
You may also want to watch:
Subsequently, each singer completing the course received a certificate and was then required to take an individual voice test to establish their suitability to join the chorus.
The Kings of Herts rehearse at 7.30pm each Thursday at Wood End School and potential new members are always welcome. For further information please visit the Club’s website kingsofherts.com
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly