Barbershop Chorus holding course in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Learning to sing followed by a mini concert proved to be a good way for the Kings of Herts Barbershop Chorus to recruit new members.
The course was held at the chorus’s new rehearsal venue, Wood End School in Harpenden.
The students from the six-week course joined with existing members to sing the three songs they had learned to friends and relations.
Just over 30 singers in total attended the course at various times, 20 of whom were able to sing at the mini concert and at least 10 of the attendees will be joining the chorus which has been in existence for over 25 years.
Initially, students were divided into the four groups, lead, tenor, base and baritone, as required by the four part harmony style of singing.
Subsequently, each singer completing the course received a certificate and was then required to take an individual voice test to establish their suitability to join the chorus.
The Kings of Herts rehearse at 7.30pm each Thursday at Wood End School and potential new members are always welcome. For further information please visit the Club’s website kingsofherts.com
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 8 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition